Wednesday 20 January 2010

Coming of age shoot!

I thought I'd give it a bash and get cracking :) No time like the present!

The first image I wanted to replicate was this one;



So I hunted around for bubblewrap, a white jumper of some sort and adjusted my hair as best I could.
I tried to experiment with the flash, as in this image flash was used [obviously]

Here is my contact sheet; {Click for larger}


It's pretty apparent that I tried a few different things with the flash, most of which didn't work as I haven't used much flash before and didn't really know what I was doing...
Still, I think I managed to get some okay-ish shots.

It was a split descision on which one to use, 2320 or 2322. My head was in a better position on number 2320, but there was too much of my top showing and my hands werent really visible. So I decided to go with number 2322.

After a bit of editing [nothing major, change of hue and exposure etc], I wanted to darken the background a bit as it doesn't really match the original picture [christmas treeee!] Not really sure if it works, but here is my first experiment ;

Coming of age 2


No comments:

Post a Comment