Sunday 2 May 2010

More Lori Novak.... :)



These images are from her 'Out of darkness' series;

When I photograph projections onto trees at night, a different type of transformation takes place than when I photograph in a studio setting. I projected directly onto the trees and ground using them and the and sky as my stage.

Images merge with the landscapes and star steaks mark the passage of time.




And these ones from her 'Voyages (per)Formed' series;

Voyages (per)formed is a series of prints and artists' book commissioned by the Southeast Museum of Photography in Daytona Beach, Florida for an historical exhibition of 19th century albums organized by Alison Nordstrom. I re-contextualized image fragments from The Tupper Family Albums at the Boston Public Library. Images of the exotic combine with the familiar to place the past in the present and the present in the past.







This artist is very unique, in the sense that her work really stands out. The idea is of projection very good, its very effective visually and expresses perfectly what she is trying to get across. The images almost look photoshopped they're so stunning... I'd love to experiment with something along the lines of this but Unfortunately I do not have a projector that is strong enough to do something like this.... and if I was just to do projections against a plain background, they wouldnt be very effective at all, and just look like regular photographs....

No comments:

Post a Comment