Monday 3 May 2010

Blending blending.


I wanted to use this image as it is a significant memory of my childhood, being attacked by a swan when I was small [ Scary at the time, it was the size of me!]. So now I dislike swans, I think they're stuck up!
I have a photo from the same holiday, so I wanted to incorporate the two together somehow.
I played around with the best way to do this...


Above is just me to the right, but I don't think it blends very well at all, and just appears randomly stuck there...

Here I included my Dads arm... I think it looks really quite good, it's a bit strange having an arm sprouting from another arm, but I kind of like the effect that's the result.


And here I have just overlain the two images, I feel this works the best as it represents how it's still in my mind whenever I see a swan so I instantly dislike them.
I also like the confusion this image creates... I like complicated photos like this, it's almost like a double exposure and you must focus on the layers separately in order to understand each photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment